Due to many families suddenly adjusting to balancing work, parenting and homeschooling due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we wanted to inform you that the FIU Center for Children and Families will now be hosting free Parent Club webinars through Zoom. Participants are entered for a chance to win an Amazon gift card.
Raising Resilient Children webinar covers the following topics:
- Recognizing and accepting feelings
- Expressing feelings appropriately
- Building a positive outlook
- Developing coping skills
- Dealing with negative feelings
- Dealing with stressful life events
Parenting During a Pandemic webinar covers the following topics:
- Handling Your Child’s Emotions
- Working from Home and Home Schooling
- Time Management
- Resources for Building a Creative Learning Environment
- Creating a Schedule
You can also visit our webpage at https://ccf.fiu.edu/families/
HOW TO JOIN:
Below are the links that parents and caregivers can use to register to the upcoming webinars on Raising Resilient Children and Parenting During a Pandemic (available in English, Spanish and Creole). Those who register will receive a confirmation email with steps for joining the meeting.
You will receive separate email with links to our upcoming webinars.